Welcome to the Immigrant Visa Unit
Foreign Service Officers of the Immigrant Visa Unit adjudicate all immigrant visas for residents of Lebanon. This is the only office handling immigrant visas in Lebanon. The Immigrant Visa Unit also accepts Third Country Nationals on a discretionary basis.
For specific information on the types of immigrant visas available, please https://lebanon2.cms.getusinfo.com/immigrant_visas/visa-categories.html. In addition to these, the U.S. Embassy in Beirut also makes determinations regarding returning resident status and the issuance of transportation letters for lost or misplaced green cards.
For specific information regarding immigrant visa services, please send a fax to 961-4-543498 or an e-mail to BeirutIV@state.gov.
Hours of Operation
Immigrant visa services are offered at the following times:
- Immigrant visa interviews: Monday through Thursday, by appointment only.
- Services for U.S. Legal Permanent Residents: (no appointment necessary) - Friday, 09:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., except on the last Friday of the month.
Please note: We are not open to the public on the last Friday of the month or on most Lebanese or American holidays.
To change an appointment date
If you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment, please:
- Notify the Immigrant Visa Unit at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled appointment by fax (961-4-543498) or e-mail BeirutIV@state.gov.
- Explain the circumstances surrounding your cancellation.
- Provide approximate dates when you would like to reschedule.
- Preferred dates cannot be guaranteed.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor the "timing out" of their petitions
For specific information regarding immigrant visa services, please send a fax (0961-4-543498), or send an e-mail to: BeirutIV@state.gov. Replies will be sent within 3 working days.
Our mission: to protect the lives and interests of U.S. citizens overseas and, while focused on ensuring U.S. border security, to facilitate legitimate travel. For more complete information about our services, go to our website at http://www.travel.state.gov/
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.