Welcome to the Immigrant Visa Unit
Foreign Service Officers of the Immigrant Visa Unit adjudicate all immigrant visas for residents of Lebanon. This is the only office handling immigrant visas in Lebanon. The Immigrant Visa Unit also accepts Third Country Nationals on a discretionary basis.
CHANGES IN FEES FOR IMMIGRANT VISAS AS OF DECEMBER 23, 2016
Posts collect fees from applicants on behalf of USCIS. The nine USCIS Fees that have changed are:
· I-130 Petition for Alien Relative - from $420 to $535
· I–600/600A Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative/Application for Advance Petition Processing of Orphan Petition - from $720 to $775
· I-800/800A Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative/Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country - from $720 to $775
· I-601 Application for Waiver of Ground of Excludability - from $585 to $930
· I–360 Petition for Amerasian Widow(er) or Special Immigrant - from $405 to $435
· I-131Application for Travel Document (ACRS code 85A, changing from $360 to $575
· I-212 Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the U.S. After Deportation or Removal - from $585 to $930
· I–290B Notice of Appeal or Motion (ACRS code 88, changing from $630 to $675
· N–565 Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document - from $345 to $555
For specific information on the types of immigrant visas available, please https://lebanon2.cms.getusinfo.com/immigrant_visas/visa-categories.html. In addition to these, the U.S. Embassy in Beirut also makes determinations regarding returning resident status and the issuance of transportation letters for lost or misplaced green cards.
For specific information regarding immigrant visa services, please send a fax to 961-4-543498 or an e-mail to BeirutIV@state.gov.
Hours of Operation
Immigrant visa services are offered at the following times:
- Immigrant visa interviews: Monday through Thursday, by appointment only.
- Services for U.S. Legal Permanent Residents: (no appointment necessary) - Friday, 09:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., except on the last Friday of the month.
Please note: We are not open to the public on the last Friday of the month or on most Lebanese or American holidays.
To change an appointment date
If you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment, please:
- Notify the Immigrant Visa Unit at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled appointment by fax (961-4-543498) or e-mail BeirutIV@state.gov.
- Explain the circumstances surrounding your cancellation.
- Provide approximate dates when you would like to reschedule.
- Preferred dates cannot be guaranteed.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor the "timing out" of their petitions
For specific information regarding immigrant visa services, please send a fax (0961-4-543498), or send an e-mail to: BeirutIV@state.gov. Replies will be sent within 3 working days.
Our mission: to protect the lives and interests of U.S. citizens overseas and, while focused on ensuring U.S. border security, to facilitate legitimate travel. For more complete information about our services, go to our website at http://www.travel.state.gov/
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.